The project aims to identify the common aspects that characterize the different countries bordering the Mediterranean: from the travel literature to the cuisine, to yesterday's and today's migrations. The students will analyze these aspects, will discuss with the classmates of the other countries and eventually they will create a symbolic...
Teachers per country involved in the project:
ALBANIA (1), CYPRUS (1), FRANCE (1), GREECE (3), ITALY (5), SPAIN (2), TURKEY (2)
About the project
The project aims to identify the common aspects that characterize the different countries bordering the Mediterranean: from the travel literature to the cuisine, to yesterday's and today's migrations. The students will analyze these aspects, will discuss with the classmates of the other countries and eventually they will create a symbolic etymological dictionary that will highlight the common aspects.
1. learning to learn: knowing the main characteristics of one's own culture and comparing them with others to understand similarities and differences, with particular reference to the role of the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Develop a linguistic competence related to the use of the English language with reference to the various contents and as a language of comparison and communication.
3. Develop a spirit of entrepreneurship in children through the management of materials and the organization of work and roles.
4. develop the competence of learning to learn through the use of materials produced on the platform with a thrust on social and civic competences that enhance all the members of the class group according to their own attitudes, interests and abilities.
5. Consolidate digital skills through the use of media to process their works and operate on the platform
6. • Strengthen cultural awareness thanks to the comparison with the various countries of the Mediterranean area
After a short introduction of the etymology of the word Mediterranean we will move to the history of migration along the centuries: from the past up to the present situation and the reasons why people are coming here.
What's the influence/contribution brought by the Mediterranean sea about your culture through the history? (By 15 January)
Poems, novels and diaries about travels on Mediterranean sea ( particularly those studied by our students) ( By 15th February)
Mediterranean food as a part of people culture: ingredients and the typical traditional recipes linked to festivities and celebrations. (End of March)
our etymological dictionary about Mediterranean words : the shared project regards the construction of a vocabulary containing words that have been found during this work. ( April )
Our final results will be:
1- a multilingual thematic dictionary that could be made public
2- the establishment of good practices such as being able to work for a few years on the etymology of words creating more shared dictionaries on other topics